Prize money for the Talent Show!
- Adult: $150.00 (single winner)
- Children: $75.00 (single winner)
Dear Prospective Performers,
Happy New Year 2069 in advance. Following the long standing tradition, Association of Nepalese in Minnesota (ANMN) is organizing a program to welcome Bikram Sambat 2069 on 07-Apr-2012. We envision this program as being an opportunity for greater Nepali community in Minnesota to get together and welcome in the Nepali New Year.
This year, festivities will consist of a talent show contest and we are seeking entries for a variety of items such as musical, poetry, comedy, acting and other kinds of performances. On behalf of the ANMN organizing committee, I am pleased to invite you to showcase your talents on this evening. Your participation will enliven the evening and make it a fun and memorable one for all the guests.
A few details I would like to draw your attention to:
- Submission Deadline: 02-April-2012 (Monday)
- # of items: 1 item as the primary item per person. Second item only if time permits
- Language: Any
- Categories: There will be 2 (two) groups of performers.
- 6 to below 13 years old in age
- 13 and above
Note: Non-compete items: Preference will be given to in-competition items. Non-compete items will be accommodated only if time permits.
- There will be not be separate categories different types of performances. They will be judged in the same category.
- Style: Acoustic or limited electronic equipment for songs; track should be made available to the organizers, if dancing or singing.
- Program Date: 07-April-2012(Saturday)
- Venue: Northstar Ballroom, Student Center
U of M, St. Paul Campus, St. Paul, MN
- Time: 5 to 10 pm
- Practice time: 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm (upon request by performers)
- Contact: Please respond to one of the following e-mails.
or contact us via the Phone:
- Dadin Pandey: (651)808-0483
- Sugam Shrestha: (651)226-8890
- Krishna Pathak: (612)290-3997
Free entry to all the performers. ALL performers and performances MUST be pre-registered prior to the day of the event. They cannot be registered on the day of the performance or once the event starts. ANMN board holds the right to reject any performance.
We will provide you with more details as they become available. Please also keep an eye on www.anmn.org for updates. Thank you in advance and once again your participation will be greatly appreciated by the community. Please contact us if you have any questions.
With Kind Regards,
ANMN Events Committee
It that time of year again! Come celebrate the Nepali New Year 2068 B.S. with ANMN at our annual New Year Celebration.
Please mark your calendar with these details of the event:
- Date: Saturday, April 7th 2012
- Doors open: 5:30 pm
- Dinner: 6 pm onwards
- Show start: 7 pm
- Venue: St. Paul Student Center, University of Minnesota
- Address: 2017 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108 [Click for google maps]
For a limited time, ANMN is offering an early bird discount of up to 40% on regular door tickets at the event!
Take advantage of this opportunity by responding to the event EVITE. If you haven’t received the evite, please send us a quick note @ ‘email@example.com’ and we will send you an invitation. For information on purchasing tickets online, please click HERE.
This year, there will be our very first ‘Pratibha ko Dabali’ with great cash and consolation prizes for contestants! For more information about the talent show and how to register, please click HERE.
If you would like to perform (song, dance, spoken word, etc.) at the event, please email us at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
See you at the New Years Celebration!
UPDATE: The ANMN Election was held successfully on April 09th, 2011. The President Elect isDadin Pandey
ANMN Election Commission has issued Election Guidelines for election day.
Following are the Candidates for the ANMN 2011-2013 Board.
- Dadin Pandey
- Suresh Adhikari
Vice President :
When is the Election?
ANMN is having its Annual General Meeting and Election on April 9, 2011 during the Nepali New Years celebration. Everyone is welcome to be part of the celebration.
Who can run in the Election?
Anyone who is a member of ANMN on the day of the election can run for a spot on the ANMN executive committee. For more information on how to renew your membership or become a member please click here.
Who can vote?
Anyone who is 18 years of age and becomes a member of ANMN on or by the day of the election can vote. For more information on how to renew your membership or become a member please click here.
Which ANMN Offices will be selected via membership voting?
Message from the President
Thank you for electing me to be the president of Association of Nepalis in Minnesota (ANMN ) for the term year 2015 -2017. I along with the executive committee members are excited to take up responsibilities and new challenges to help our organization and community move forward.I want to thank all past presidents, board members, advisors, committee members and volunteers for their dedication and hard work. Each of your contribution is valuable.
I believe in team work and I am happy to have a great group of people in the executive committee to help me implement my vision. Along with the the executive committee we need committed board members, advisers, committees and community members to execute the plan. Our organization will only be as effective as the members make it. I hope you all are as excited as I am to build one strong community. I am looking forward to working with each of you.
Association of Nepalis in Minnesota (ANMN)
Dear friends and families,
Another event to celebrate ! ANMN continues the tradition of hosting Dashain Party for greater Nepali Community and friends of Nepal this year as well and it will be on Saturday, Nov 10th 2012 at the St. Paul Student Center on the St. Paul Campus of the University of Minnesota. Thanks to the UMN Nepali Student Association for their help with the arrangements!
Here are the details of the Dashain/Tihar Celebration 2012
Date: Saturday, November 10th, 2012
Time: 5 PM to 10 PM
Location: St. Paul Campus Student Center, University of Minnesota
Address: 2017 Buford Ave, St. Paul, MN 55108
Come join us for fun performances, great food and much much more!!
TICKET PRICE [
Early Bird Special]:
$17 $25per person [non-member]
$12 $20per person [member]
$6 Child [6-12 yrs].
While ANMN had to cancel the majority of the Summer of (20)69 events planned for the month of August and Labor day Weekend 2012, there will still be a few events that are scheduled to occur. Hope to see you there!!
Friday, August 24th
- Professional Networking in Fall 2012 – kickoff event
- Location: Catmando Restaurant
- Time: 6 PM onwards
- Cost: Free!
- Light snacks and soda will be provided. Other items available for purchase
- Description: Learn valuable networking skills and interact with other Nepali Professionals in the the Twin Cities. You might learn tips and techniques for your next job or perhaps even hear about an available position at the company you’ve always wanted to work at! Or come and share your experience and suggestions to others who are just starting out in their careers. All employers are welcome to bring any current job openings information to the event.
Friday, August 31st
- ANMN Social hour & Open Mic night
- Location: Catmando Restaurant
- Time: 7:30 PM onwards
- Cost: Free!
- Snacks and beer available for purchase.
- Description: Come and mingle with friends and family. A relaxing fun evening to sit back and have fun. And if the mood strikes, grab the mic and let your talent shine!
Saturday, September 1st
- ANMN DJ Night
- Location: The Lounge, downtown Minneapolis
- Time: 10 PM till close
- Cost: TBD
- Description: Come out and party to some bumping beats by DJ Karma and friends at the front room of one of Minneapolis’ best clubs, The Lounge. End the summer in style!
For details on sports locations, please contact ANMN Sports chair, Suresh Adhikari
Saturday, August 25th
Volleyball tournament: Semi-finals [9 AM to 3 PM] Volleyball has been postponed till September. Stay tuned!
Sunday, August 26th
- Soccer tournament: league play @ 9 AM [9405 Great Plains Boulevard, Chanhassen]
- Golf tournament
Saturday, September 1st
Volleyball tournament:Final [9 AM to 3 PM] Volleyball has been postponed till September. Stay tuned!
Sunday, September 2nd
- Soccer tournament: league play @ 3 PM [9405 Great Plains Boulevard, Chanhassen]
Monday, September 3rd
- Soccer tournament: Final [9405 Great Plains Boulevard, Chanhassen]
- Volleyball tournament: stay tuned!
Come and show your support!
UPDATE!!! Due to the labor day weekend, it is with regret that we have had to scale back the plans for the Summer of ’69. It was a difficult decision but due to the lack of attendees, it was clear that the events would not be feasible to hold. As ANMN continues to push forward with new activities and events, it is inevitable that such situations arise due to the uncertainty that will be associated with new events. ANMN will learn from this and move on with another attempt next summer, to create a multi-day event for the Nepali community in Minnesota. Thank you for your support and understanding!
What is “Summer of ‘69”?
We envision this event to be a month-long sports competition starting in August and culminating in a fun-filled Labor Day weekend activities. The outline of this program was e-mailed in the invitation letter from ANMN a few weeks ago.
Unlike the fund raiser, “Summer of ‘69” is entertainment focused and being involved in fun activities as a community. We are also trying to keep it compact in that there are enough but not too many events to keep people engaged, especially over the Labor Day weekend.
On that note, please get back to us by the deadline to allow for enough time to plan the events. We will move forward with planning based on the responses over the next few weeks.
Here is quick summary of the tentative programming. Needless to say, your suggestions and comments are more than welcome. If there are other ideas that people might be more interested in, we would love to hear about it.
DEADLINE to register for all activities: 6th of August 2012.
Section A: Sports
A1. For individual games (golf and tennis): Simply send your name and sports you would like to participate in.
A2. For team sports: (soccer, basketball and volleyball):
We encourage you to register as a team. Those who are interested but do not have team, please send your name and sports you would like to participate and we will try to find a team for you.
These games will be held throughout the month of August, mostly on weekends but possibly on some weekdays also.
Contact: Please send your registration information and other inquiry to email@example.com.
Saturday evening show, Sunday event & Monday bhajan have been cancelled due to low attendance. There will be a DJ party on Saturday night instead. Please see latest post.
Section B: Non-sporting entertainment items: At this time, we have opened registration for the following:
September 1, 2012 (Saturday evening)
B1. Fashion Show: You will be working with a coordinator.
B2. One-Act play: Will need to be approximately 30 mins.
September 2, 2012 (Sunday)
B3. Cultural program:Venue: Eden Prairie Staring Park amphitheater
Please register to showcase your talents in singing, dancing, poetry, comedy and other types of performances.
Puja/Bhajan: We are looking for a volunteer to take a lead on Puja/bhajan session on Monday. Please contact us if you would like to coordinate this effort.
Online Ticket Sale has been ENDED!!! Tickets will be available at regular price at event.
LOOT has english subtitles
ANMN is happy to be screening the movie “LOOT” in the Twin Cities. Here are the details:
- Date: Sunday, June 3rd, 2012
- Time: 3 PM
- Venue: O’Shaughnessy Educational Center (OEC), St. Thomas University
- Address: 2115 Summit Ave, St.Paul, MN 55105
- Ticket Price: $15
– the most successful Nepali film ever, starring Saugat Malla, Karma, Dayahang Rai, Sushil Raj Pandey, Prateek Raj Neupane, Recha Sharma, Praveen Khatiwada, Shrijana Subba and Sushma Karki
Kathmandu, the city of dreams and hopes. Kathmandu is home to the dreamers, it’s the city of achievers. Life blooms in Kathmandu, life gets destroyed in Kathmandu. Some win while the others lose. Some find luck easily, while some struggle the hard way.
Loot is the story for five guys who find quick ways of success and accomplishment in life. It is a quest for quick money and better life. In a place where the crime rates are ascending day by day, Loot draws a reality check on the present security system of the city.
Loot is about relationships: it’s about friendship and betrayal. Loot is the real picture of Kathmandu; the city of crime and lawlessness like never explored before.
TICKET SALES ARE OVER! IF YOU BUY ANY TICKETS, THEY WILL BE EQUIVALENT TO A DONATION TO ANMN! THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION
After Early Bird Price deadline of April 4th, the following prices will be in effect at the door:
Regular/Door Ticket Price :
Adult ANMN member: $20
Adult non-member: $25
Child [<12]: $8
Children under 6 are Free
Pre-registered Performers [Must have given name before event day] are Free
Pre-registered Volunteers [Must have given name before event day] are Free
Students with valid ID: US$ 8 [Reserve your tickets by sending us an email from your university account.]
On March 24th, the American Red Cross and ANMN [Event lead by Subas Silwal from the MNCC Project] will be conducting a Bloodmobile Blood Drive.
Donate blood and save someone’s life.
Venue : Denny’s [NATH Companies] on 78th St. and Chicago Ave. S. in Bloomington. [For Google map, click here]
Date: March 24th 2012.
Time: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
To Sign Up:
1. Click here (or copy and paste this url to the address bar of your browser: http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation-sponsor?field_sponsor_code_value=0177184)
2. Click on ‘Click here to schedule an appointment to donate’. Please register or login.
3. Click on a time slot that works for you. Confirm your appointment.
If you any questions about the registration please contact Red Cross [1-800-RED-CROSS]. For any other questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you are NOT ELIGIBLE to donate if:
- You were traveling to parts of Nepal lower than 1200m (i.e. the Terai. eg. Chitwan) less than 12 months ago. These are areas where malaria is commonly found; travel to only Kathmandu or Pokhara (less than a year ago) is OK.
- You have been in the US for less than 3 years (since date of first entry).
- You had Jaundice (Hepatitis A) when you were older than 11 years old.
If none of these apply to you, please donate! Help save a life!
Not sure if you are eligible? Check out the American Red Cross Blood Donor Eligibility Guidelines.
Want to learn more about blood donation and what is involved? Click here.
Tips for Blood Donors:
• Get a good night’s sleep
• Have a good breakfast or lunch
• Drink extra water and fluids to replace the volume you will donate (avoid tea, coffee, or other beverages with caffeine)
• Eat iron-rich foods — red meat, fish, poultry or liver, beans, iron-fortified cereals, red wine, raisins and prunes
• Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries, or ice cream before donating. Tests for infections done on all donated blood can be affected by fatty materials — lipids — that appear in your blood for several hours after eating fatty foods. When this occurs and required testing cannot be performed, the blood may need to be discarded.
During the Donation
• Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow
• Show the staff any “good veins” that have been used successfully in the past to draw blood
• Take the time to enjoy a snack and a drink in the refreshments area immediately after donating
• Rehydrate by drinking plenty of fluids over the next 24-48 hours
• Avoid strenuous physical activity or heavy lifting for about five hours after donation
• If you feel light headed, lie down, preferably with feet elevated, until the feeling passes
• If for any reason, something doesn’t feel right, call the American Red Cross toll free number provided to you after your donation
• Enjoy the good feeling that comes with knowing that you may have saved as many as three lives!
The DEADLINE for photo submission is noon on Saturday, Nov 19th, tomorrow! Submit your pics ASAP!
Just one more day!!
*** Update: Check out our list of performers!!! ***
The Association of Nepalis in Minnesota (ANMN) is organizing its first ever Art and Music Festival. Mark your calendars for an evening full of beautiful photography and unplugged live music by our talented singers and musicians from the Minnesota Nepali community.
The Photography Exhibition will showcase art submitted by talents like you and other aspiring photographers. We have chosen “A Summer state of mind” to be our main theme for the photography exhibition. Any photographs that look, feel, or make us think of summer can be submitted.
Click on the link below to submit your photographs (If you cannot click it then copy and paste it in your browser)
Performances will include acoustic music, stand-up comedy, etc.
Feel free to forward this invite to your friends and family. Please keep checking this page for performers list and other information.
Please RSVP today by clicking ‘Yes I am attending’ button.
We hope you will show your support by participating and or attending this first of its kind event!
Venue: Himalayan Restaurant
Address: 765 53Rd Avenue, Fridley, MN 55421
Date: Saturday, Nov 19th, 2011
Doors open: 8 PM
Photography exhibition/Social hour: 8 PM
Musical performances: 9 PM
DJ: After performances till closing
Group of 5: $40
This is a great platform to show your talents so if you are interested in performing please contact us at email@example.com
Performances can include musical performances, stand-up comedies, beatboxing, acapella songs, poem recitals, or any other artsy performances.
We’re still looking for your photographs!! Go to http://www.chiyapasal.com/anmn/event/ to submit your pics!
The DEADLINE for photo submission is noon on Saturday, Nov 19th, tomorrow! Submit your pics ASAP!