ANMN Hackathon Event
Dear community professionals,
In an effort to create a culture of entrepreneurship within our community, ANMN Professional Development Committee (ANMN PDC) is organizing a Hackathon event. Since a majority of our community professionals are working in IT, this event will focus on solving problems and finding opportunities using Information Technology.
Participation is free and anyone with an idea can participate. We are asking community members to form a team, pick a business case, and work with a team to design and develop a working solution. You can build your own team or participate as an individual. Winners will be judged by a panel of judges and be eligible for $400.00 cash prize.
Individual participants will be assigned to teams. If you are forming your own team, make sure you have members who have programming experience and can build software solution.
How to participate:
- Sign up by completing the online form below. Last day to submit your form is Saturday, March 17. https://goo.gl/forms/gCurn5nOPIXZvkmg1
- If you have a team, you can begin the project work as soon as you have received confirmation of your participation from the PDC committee.
- If you don’t have a team, ANMN PDC will assign you a team by March 20. You can then join the team and begin project work.
- ANMN PDC will facilitate biweekly cross-team collaboration sessions in a Bloomington/Edina library meeting room (preferably weekdays after hours). These sessions will be optional but recommended.
- On May 12, ANMN PDC will facilitate an all day final collaboration to finish up the work and prepare presentation for the demo.
- Presentation and Happy Hour – Thursday May 17 is the final day of the Hackathon where each team will have 12 to 15 minutes to present their work. This event will be open to members of the community. We will send more information about presentation day after we have finalized teams and work has begun on the projects.
For additional information about the event and to learn more about the value it can add to you and the community, please watch this video:
ANMN Professional Development Committee