In 2004, a group of Nepalis in the Twin Cities came together to form the Association of Nepalis in Minnesota. An organization that could support the Nepali community in Minnesota. ANMN was created with a purpose.
- To promote and organize Nepali cultural events
- To encourage and augment community involvement for educational, social as well as charitable purposes.
- To organize workshops and seminars on useful topics of interest and share them with Nepalis and friends of Nepal
- To help people in Nepal during extreme natural disasters by raising fund
- To foster friendly ties with other similar organizations in North America
- To raise and manage funds and donations for the purpose of worthy humanitarian causes directly or in cooperation with other organizations.