Donate Blood in Our March Blood Drive
Thank you all who participated on the blood drive organized by ANMN and Redcross. All the donors were presented with bottles of juices and a free coupons for the breakfast at Dennys ! Thank you Subash Silwal for co-ordinating the event and Thank you All !
Donate blood and save someone’s life.The American Red Cross and The ANMN will be conducting a Bloodmobile Blood Drive at the following Date and Venue.
Venue : Denny’s on 78th St. and Chicago Ave. S. in Bloomington. [For Google map, click here]
Date: March 6th 2010.
Time: 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
You can sign up online for the blood donation as follows
1. Please copy the following URL and paste in the address bar of your browser (in case link is not working): http://membersforlife.org/midamerica/bdc/bdc_login.php
2. Log in with following: User Name: ssilwal7184, Password: donor
3. Click on scheduled blood drive: Saturday March 06, 2010
4. Click on any available slot link and enter your details.
5. If you any questions about the registration please contact Red Cross. For any other questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After blood donation you will receive free Denny’s Grand Slam Breakfast coupon from Red Cross!
Please note that Nepalis and friends of Nepal are NOT ELIGIBLE to donate if:
If none of these apply to you, please donate! Help save a life!
Not sure if you are eligible? Check out the American Red Cross Blood Donor Eligibility Guidelines.
Want to learn more about blood donation and what is involved? Click here.
Tips for Blood Donors:
• Get a good night’s sleep
• Have a good breakfast or lunch
• Drink extra water and fluids to replace the volume you will donate (avoid tea, coffee, or other beverages with caffeine)
• Eat iron-rich foods — red meat, fish, poultry or liver, beans, iron-fortified cereals, red wine, raisins and prunes
• Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries, or ice cream before donating. Tests for infections done on all donated blood can be affected by fatty materials — lipids — that appear in your blood for several hours after eating fatty foods. When this occurs and required testing cannot be performed, the blood may need to be discarded.
During the Donation
• Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow
• Show the staff any “good veins” that have been used successfully in the past to draw blood
• Take the time to enjoy a snack and a drink in the refreshments area immediately after donating
• Rehydrate by drinking plenty of fluids over the next 24-48 hours
• Avoid strenuous physical activity or heavy lifting for about five hours after donation
• If you feel light headed, lie down, preferably with feet elevated, until the feeling passes
• If for any reason, something doesn’t feel right, call the American Red Cross toll free number provided to you after your donation
• Enjoy the good feeling that comes with knowing that you may have saved as many as three lives!