This Thursday, April 21, we’re joining leaders from the Council on Asian Pacific Minnesotans along with fellow Asian American communities in Minnesota to celebrate API Day at the State Capitol.
We invite the Nepali community to help us build visibility and represent Nepal. Our presence will remind government leaders that we are part of the Minnesota community and they are making critically important decisions for us.
If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com with a “Yes, I’m interested” by 5 pm, Tuesday. Since we are coordinating this event with a very short notice, please submit a phone number when you respond, so we can reach you quickly with decisions related to activities of the day.
The Rally will begin at 10:30 and end at 11:45 a.m. or so. In addition to 3 keynote speakers from API communities, we are expecting the following government officials to join us:
• Governor T. Walz (Office of the Governor)
• Major General S. Manke (Adjutant General, National Guard)
• Speaker M. Hortman (Minnesota House of Representatives)
• Deputy Majority Leader M. Johnson (Minnesota Senate)
• U.S. Senator T. Smith (United States Senate)
• Representative J. Nash (Minnesota House of Representatives, Council legislative member)
• Senator E. Pratt (Minnesota Senate, Council legislative member)
• The Meet & Greet will begin at 12:30 and end at 1:30 p.m. or so. We have invited all legislators and the Governor’s commissioners to join us and you for casual conversations and appetizers and drinks.